Published on May 17th, 2014 | by Margaret Pardoe0
Weight loss and the chemical sweetness con!
“For the first 50 years of your life the food industry is trying to make you fat. Then, the second 50 years, the pharmaceutical industry is treating you for everything.”
Enhancing health, fruit in moderation (and berries especially), is the best way of getting a little sweetness into your life. And more recently there is a natural sweetener called Stevia which, in its natural and unprocessed form, enhances health by protecting the pancreas. But even the refined versions of Stevia are safer that the chemical alternatives.
Sugar has it’s own problem, and High Fructose Corn Syrup (aka HFCS) many more! But these are for discussion at another date. Because eclipsing both sugar and HFCS for health issues are artificial chemical sweeteners.
At first glance they seem the perfect solution to calorie-free sweetness!
No calories means no weight gain – right??? Think again…….
Here are the 7 deadly sins of artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame and sucralose………..all scientifically researched!
- Drinking 3 diet sodas a day doubles your risk of obesity!
- Two or more artificially sweetened drinks daily causes a craving for sweet foods!
- 16% higher risk of stroke for each diet soda daily
- 42% higher risk of leukaemia for each diet soda daily
- 67% higher risk of Type 2 diabetes for daily consumption of 1 or more diet sodas
- 220% higher risk for chronic kidney disease per 2 or more diet sodas daily
- Sucralose causes blood sugar and insulin to spike in obese people
Swallow chemical sweeteners at your peril!
“The problem is we are not eating food any more, we are eating food-like products”
Dr Alejandro Junger