Published on September 6th, 2014 | by Margaret Pardoe0
Are you Grounded?
Do you feel better when you walk barefoot on the beach or across a new mown lawn in the garden?
Grounding / Earthing has to be one of the simplest solutions to improving health
“Earthing restores and maintains the human body’s most natural electoral state, which in turn promotes natural health and functionality in daily life. The primordial natural energy emanating from the Enarth is the ultimate anti-inflammatory and the ultimate anti-aging medicine.”
James L. Oschman, Ph.D
The known effect of grounding is that it discharges and prevents the build-up of electrical stress. This knowledge is used in the Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) business in the UK as a form of safety and one of reducing (grounding) voltage (Static Electricity) levels in the human body to protect both humans and sensitive electronic equipment.
A modern lifestyle prevents most people from spending time in direct contact with the earth. But we evolved over aeons in direct contact with the earth, walking barefoot and sleeping on the earth and using shoes made of natural materials.
All of this kept us ‘grounded’ aka ‘earthed’.
Possible Health Benefits of Earthing / Grounding
- Improves the symptoms of some inflammation-related disorders by defusing the cause of the inflammation
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves sleep
- Increases energy
- Reduces stress levels
- May improve blood pressure by thinning the blood and improving blood flow
- Relieves muscular tension and headaches
- Reduces hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- Speeds healing
- Reduces jet lag
Nowadays we wear shoes with rubber soles that insulate us from contact with the Earth, and sleep in beds away from connection with the Earth.
In the mid-1900s in the UK we switched our electricity supply from Direct Current (DC) to Alternating Current (AC). With this change came the Electric and Electromagnetic fields that may be affecting our health nowadays. Alongside this are mobile phone masts and wireless gizmos.
It is believed that we are affected by electrical radiation which can lead to a build up of electrical stress. Electro-sensitivity (ES) is a known and recognised medical condition in Sweden. And chronic conditions are increasing and it may be that electrical radiation has a part to play in this.
A direct conductive connection with the Earth lets us experience the connection with the Earth’s essential energy field. When your body is earthed it becomes a conductor as well as an antennae and can now discharge any extra voltage from the body.
How to reconnect with the Earth?
- Go outdoors in unspoilt and unpolluted areas
- Go barefoot outdoors in nature as often as possible
- Swim in the ocean, lakes and rivers
- Wear shoes with leather soles or ESD Grounding shoes
- Use a Car Grounding Pad and/or a Vehicle Grounding Strip on your car that connects your car with the ground below
- Use a barefoot substitute i.e. a conductive material that ‘connects’ your body to the earth – either through connecting an external Ground Rod to any suitable conductive material or through connecting conductive material to a dedicated Mains Earth Connection Kit.